Prep 15 hrs
Cook 45 mins
From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 1 lb dried salt cod fish
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 large walnuts, shelled and mashed
- Soak cod in water 15 hours, changing the water 4 or 5 times to remove salt; drain.
- Fry fish in hot oil with the next four ingredients for five minutes.
- Add water and walnuts; simmer 1/2 hour.
I haven't tried this, but I love Bacala9Italianstyle) and I am going to try it with nuts since I love nuts and crunch.