1/1 Photo of Bacalaitos - Fried Codfish Fritters
This makes a very tasty appetizer! Chill overnight, it makes for a less salty fish. These are served all over Miami and they are so good! Originally on the Goya Foods web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak codfish in cold water overnight in the refrigerator.(Change the water at least 3 times ~ have also heard that it is good when soaked in milk).
- 2Drain, rinse with cold water several times.
- 3In a saucepan, cover codfish with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Cool, remove skin and bones.
- 5Shred the fish.
- 6In a bowl make a batter by whisking together the flour, baking powder, adobo and water.
- 7When smooth, mix in garlic, cilantro and shredded fish.
- 8Check for seasoning, if necessary add some more pepper or the adobo with pepper.
- 9In a skillet, heat 1/4" of oil on medium heat.
- 10Drop the batter by spoonsful into hot oil and cook until golden brown.
- 11Drain on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacalaitos - Fried Codfish Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 1089.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: