1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is really a quick bread, tender inside with a crunchy crust. You may adjust the amount of black pepper used, but I like it like this! "Bacaba" is the friendly liquor store in Sandwich, Illinois where I first heard of beer bread (from one of their customers), so immediately I had to research it(!). After research and some tweaking, this is the result!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper with sugar.
- 3Add beer and eggs; stirring then mixing with your hands as dough gets thicker; it will also be rather sticky.
- 4Place in greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 5If you wish, brush on egg white and sprinkle top of bread very lightly with salt and a tiny bit of garlic powder.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees F about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from pan immediately and cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacaba Black Pepper Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2350.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 7049.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 453.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 69.7 g