1 hr 25 mins
This was a hit for us. I love coming up with ww friendly recipes, this recipe fits the Core program. This tastes so good that you'd never guess it's healthy and good for you! You can add mushrooms to this if you wish, I leave them out because DH doesn't like them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch bay leaf
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 1Lightly brown chicken in a frying pan, cut each breast into a few pieces and place in a large casserole dish.
- 2Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until soft. Sprinkle over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- 3Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over chicken mixture.
- 4Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- 5Serve over whole wheat pasta, brown rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babzy's Low Fat Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 841.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 19.2 g