Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a hit for us. I love coming up with ww friendly recipes, this recipe fits the Core program. This tastes so good that you'd never guess it's healthy and good for you! You can add mushrooms to this if you wish, I leave them out because DH doesn't like them.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch bay leaf
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- Lightly brown chicken in a frying pan, cut each breast into a few pieces and place in a large casserole dish.
- Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until soft. Sprinkle over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over chicken mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta, brown rice or couscous.
Our family loved this recipe! The red peppers give it the best taste. Didn't have Greek spices so I just improvised.