Recipe by thepurpleturtle
Lighter Butter Chicken that is diet friendly and only 4 ww points per serving!
Top Review by LemonJane
Wonderful. I halved the cayenne pepper because I was worried it would be too spicy. I didn't have fat free half and half so I used 2% milk instead. I only had an 8oz can of tomato sauce. It still turned out great. Instead of chicken I used cubes of homemade paneer cheese.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fat free cream
- 396.89 g tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml fat free sour cream or 59.14 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 4.92 ml garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter, until onions are soft.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Combine spices (except garam masala) and toss chicken pieces until well coated.
- Add the chicken to the onions and saute until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine the fat-free cream, tomato sauce, fat-free sour cream and garam masala with a whisk, then pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, making sure that chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.