Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple chicken and rice recipe, that kids and adults will love.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix the two spices together in a bowl with a spoon.
- Place chicken breast on grill or skillet, and cook thoroughly. When done, pour half of the spice mixture over the top side of the chicken. When you can't see the powder any more, and it's turned into a sort of glaze, flip the chicken, and pour the rest on that side. Turn the stove/grill on warm or low and let sit while rice cooks.
- Prepare rice as direction on box say.
- Cook the corn either in the microwave or in a sauce pan. When warm, and rice is done, mix the rice and corn in a medium sized bowl.
- Pull the chicken off of the grill/stove, and cut into cubes, 1/2 x 1/2 is best, but it doesn't really matter.
- Mix the chicken in with the rice and corn, and serve.
It's a tad plain for my liking though it is quick and easy.