Recipe by Grace4Gayle
30 years ago my babysitter used to make these with me. It fulfilled every mud pie fantasy I ever had because we got to dump all kinds of creative things in these cookies. Hope you like them.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
- 236.59 ml cereal
- 118.29 ml coconut (optional)
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- 118.29 ml nuts (optional)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- 118.29 ml peanut butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together the butter and shortening.
- Add sugars and cream thoroughly.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, flour, oatmeal, cereal (corn flakes, grape nuts, cocoa puffs -- whatever you have) and mix well.
- Stir in any or all of the optional ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.