Recipe by Grace4Gayle
30 years ago my babysitter used to make these with me. It fulfilled every mud pie fantasy I ever had because we got to dump all kinds of creative things in these cookies. Hope you like them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup cereal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together the butter and shortening.
- Add sugars and cream thoroughly.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, flour, oatmeal, cereal (corn flakes, grape nuts, cocoa puffs -- whatever you have) and mix well.
- Stir in any or all of the optional ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.