1/4 Photos of Baby's Southern Banana Pudding
Vicki in CT's Note:
Once you try "real" pudding, you'll never use packaged mixes again. This is my grandmother's recipe. This is a very sweet dessert. I guessed on the size of vanilla wafers...it's the smaller size box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream egg yolks, butter, flour, sugar, salt and flavoring well over very low heat on the stovetop. Gradually add milk. Cook at medium temperature on stove until "thick enough". Stir frequently.
- 2Make layer of bananas and wafers in bottom and up sides of an oven proof bowl or dish. Pour half of thickened pudding mixture over this.
- 3Make a second layer of bananas and wafers. Pour remaining pudding over this.
- 4Whisk 2 egg whites at high speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until peaks form. Spread on top of pudding mixture making peaks. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby's Southern Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g