Recipe by MommyMakes
Perfect first sandwich for babies and toddlers. Use any filling you like from soft bananas or jelly for babies to ham and cheese for toddlers. This is for babies who have teeth and can hold, bite and chew semi-soft bread products without any problem.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
Optional Fillings in combination as desired
- 1 slice ham or 1 slice other deli meat or 1⁄2 slice cheese or 1⁄2 mashed bananas or 1 teaspoon fruit jelly or 1 teaspoon cream cheese or 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon thinly sliced cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- Place slice of bread of the counter and roll flat with a rolling pin. Continue rolling out bread until very thin.
- Spread or layer with desired toppings.
- Roll into a long tube shape and secure with two tooth picks.
- Place sandwich roll into toaster oven and toast until lightly browned.
- Remove tooth picks and cut into pieces, if desired.
- For Vegetarian option omit meat or ham.