Recipe by Vicki in CT
Cool and creamy.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
This is an amazingly good pie, but I would definitely cut back on the chopped pecans, as I thought the 1 cup was a bit too much, so I just added a 1/2 cup, and that seem to be the right amount. Also, as for the type of pie crust to use, I used a graham cracker crust, and I also used regular Cool Whip Whipped Topping (but not the lite kind). Thank you Vicki for posting this delicious, amazing pie. It's a keeper!!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer; let the mixer run on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir pineapple into cream cheese mixture. Stir in coconut and pecans. Mix well.
- Carefully fold in 3/4 of Cool Whip.
- Fill pie crust with mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Chill for several hours.