1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Source: Better Homes & Garden website. Perfect cupcakes for your baby's first birthday party!!! Cooking time includes 1 hour for cupcakes to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white frosting
- liquid food coloring or food coloring paste, in desired color
- candy sprinkles
- multicolored sugar nonpareils
- candy covered plain chocolate candies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with foil bake cups or paper bake cups; Set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and baking soda; Set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- 5Add sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7In a large measuring cup, combine applesauce and buttermilk.
- 8Alternately add applesauce mixture and flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about one-half to two-thirds full.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers of cakes comes out clean.
- 11Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove cupcakes from pans and cool thoroughly on racks.
- 13Tint frosting with liquid food coloring or paste as desired.
- 14Frost cupcakes and decorate with candy sprinkles, nonpareils, and candy-coated chocolate pieces, as desired.
- 15Makes 24 cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby's First Applesauce Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice