Recipe by Schnuck
I created this so my toddler would have sweet, tasty breakfast without the need for sticky toppings!
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 slices soft oatnut wheat bread (I use Brownberry) or 2 slices other grain bread (I use Brownberry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Mix egg, vanilla, salt, sugar, and milk together on a shallow plate.
- Dip both sides of one slice in the mix and transfer to heated pan.
- Turn after 2 - 3 minutes or when side is golden brown.
- Cook on second side until golden brown and transfer to a heat-resistant cutting board to cool a minute. Cut slice into small cube for your little one to self-feed.
- Repeat above steps with second slice of bread.