Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I mixed this snack up when my son was teething, when it was cup up into bite size pieces, he would gobble it up and I didn't feel bad because it was fruit.
- In med bowl mix cold mashed bananas and gelatin.
- In med sauce pan heat juice and apple sauce to boiling.
- Add mixture to banana and gelatin mixture.
- Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 4-5 minute.
- Pour into 9x13-inch pan, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 3 hours).
- When firm, cut into bite-sized pieces and serve.
I wish I would have tried these when my boys were little! Now that they are 2 and 4, they didn't really like them (not sweet enough I think). But I would definitely recommend them for infants/toddlers.
My one year old loves these! I didn't have applesauce at home when I made it, so I used a few jars of baby food, and it worked great. I've also traded out the banannas for strawberries and pears, and other fruits, and it's all very tasty! Thanks again!
I wanted to try these since I am searching for a homemade version of gummy fruit snacks for my boys. I left it in the fridge overnight and it still did not completely gel (more like a yogurt consistency). I gave it to my boys in bowls to try and they rank it "Ok"... not good and not bad. This recipe is not the winner in my search. I have 2 more rcipes to try that I found on other sites.