1/1 Photo of Baby's 1st Birthday Banana Cake - No Sugar
Tanya Pants's Note:
I wanted to feed Lucy cake on her first birthday but didn't want to introduce her to new foods on her big day. I also baked it ahead of time so she could sample the cake two to three days in advance in case of a reaction (I didn't actually decorate it until the day of her party). Recipe adapted from a blog called greenparenting (I reduced the egg white, and left out the walnuts/raisins suggested)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- 2Beat banana and butter until creamy.
- 3Beat in water.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat eggs until very foamy.
- 5Beat into mixture.
- 6Blend in dry ingredients.
- 7Beat until smooth.
- 8Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- 10Draw a cat head onto a piece of paper (approx 4 by 5 inches).
- 11Use cat stencil to cut out two cat heads.
- 12Frost top of one layer and place second cat head on top of first.
- 13Frost cake (use a sugarless cream cheese or sour cream filling).
- 14Decorate with cat face.
- 15Remove candy before allowing baby to attack cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby's 1st Birthday Banana Cake - No Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.2
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 391.0 mg
- Sodium 1081.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: