Recipe by Babychops
These are even better than cheddar bay biscuits, I was tweaking a buttermilk biscuit recipe I had and came up with this, these biscuits ROCK! Enjoy! Oh! And they're even better heated up the next day - 2 biscuits in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Top Review by loof
Boy these biscuits are just delicious! The seasoning was perfect and even with the spices and cheese, the biscuits were so light and fluffy. These are definitely a step above the typical garlic-cheese biscuit - just loved them!
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml McCormick's french herb roasting rub
- 236.59 ml butter, cold and cut into bits
- 59.14 ml butter (melted)
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Pulse in cold butter bits until coarse meal texture with some pea sized butter bits.
- Add buttermilk & pulse until moistened.
- Mix in 2 cups cheese.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead to combine.
- Roll out to about 3/4" and cut into circles, if you don't have a cutter take the top & bottom off a soup can, works just as well.
- Place biscuits onto a nonstick cookie sheet, spoon melted butter onto each & top w/remaining cheese.
- Bake in upper rack so bottoms don't burn for about 20 minutes until golden & cheese is melty.
- Enjoy! We couldn't get enough of them -- This recipe makes a mess of biscuits and they're even better re-heated (2 in the microwave for 30 seconds is perfect).