1/1 Photo of Babychops' Bomb Diggity Cheddar Herb Biscuits
These are even better than cheddar bay biscuits, I was tweaking a buttermilk biscuit recipe I had and came up with this, these biscuits ROCK! Enjoy! Oh! And they're even better heated up the next day - 2 biscuits in the microwave for 30 seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's french herb roasting rub
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into bits
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients.
- 3Pulse in cold butter bits until coarse meal texture with some pea sized butter bits.
- 4Add buttermilk & pulse until moistened.
- 5Mix in 2 cups cheese.
- 6Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead to combine.
- 7Roll out to about 3/4" and cut into circles, if you don't have a cutter take the top & bottom off a soup can, works just as well.
- 8Place biscuits onto a nonstick cookie sheet, spoon melted butter onto each & top w/remaining cheese.
- 9Bake in upper rack so bottoms don't burn for about 20 minutes until golden & cheese is melty.
- 10Enjoy! We couldn't get enough of them -- This recipe makes a mess of biscuits and they're even better re-heated (2 in the microwave for 30 seconds is perfect).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babychops' Bomb Diggity Cheddar Herb Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 553.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's french herb roasting rub