These are even better than cheddar bay biscuits, I was tweaking a buttermilk biscuit recipe I had and came up with this, these biscuits ROCK! Enjoy! Oh! And they're even better heated up the next day - 2 biscuits in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's french herb roasting rub
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into bits
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Pulse in cold butter bits until coarse meal texture with some pea sized butter bits.
- Add buttermilk & pulse until moistened.
- Mix in 2 cups cheese.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead to combine.
- Roll out to about 3/4" and cut into circles, if you don't have a cutter take the top & bottom off a soup can, works just as well.
- Place biscuits onto a nonstick cookie sheet, spoon melted butter onto each & top w/remaining cheese.
- Bake in upper rack so bottoms don't burn for about 20 minutes until golden & cheese is melty.
- Enjoy! We couldn't get enough of them -- This recipe makes a mess of biscuits and they're even better re-heated (2 in the microwave for 30 seconds is perfect).