Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy recipe and very quick. The trick with zucchini is to not over cook
- 8 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Have a pot of lightly salted water boiling.
- Meanwhile sauté onion rings in a tbsp of butter until limp.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Drop the zucchinis in the boiling water for only about 2-3 minutes.
- You want the zucchini to be warmed through but still crisp.
- Lightly brown the garlic in the remaining butter.
- Place zucchini on a platter, top with sautéed onion and drizzle with the garlic butter.
Quick, easy, and most importantly - impresses all my friends. Like a jersey whore, but nutritious!
It's not gourmet or anything, but it was quick and easy to make. What I loved is that it was all ingredients I had laying around in my kitchen, and it made for a fast quick lunch I could make my husband. And he approved, told me he would like it again some time!
The idea is good but even onion rings and garlic butter can't save blanched zucchini. But it was a very good try! Certainly looks good and it would make a good quick side dish. The younger the zucchini the better, and I suggest homegrown or organic produce.