Recipe by january0876
This is a recipe I found on here and have been tweaking it for a few months now to fit my tastes. All my girl friends love them because they are flavorfull and pretty good for you! You can add turkey sausage as well for a meaty version and mix up the veggies for different flavors. Weight Watchers 2 pts. plus each. (I believe it is 3 pts w/ the turkey sausage) (I would like to thank Erindipity for their original post: Crustless Breakfast Quiche Muffins)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, made with 2% milk
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté spinach, corn & pepper/onion mix with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix egg, flax seed, water, milk, baking mix, cayenne, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture between 12 greased muffin tins.
- Divide vegetable mix between muffin tins (will be just shy of ¼ cp each) and cover with cheese.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. They should come out easy, can separate from pan with a spoon.
- Leftovers can be frozen and microwaved to reheat.