Recipe by JanuaryBride
WOW was I surprised at the fresh flavor in this crunchy salad. Both hubby and I really enjoyed it a lot - the dressing is the secret! If you don't have baby turnips, feel free to add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower or another crunchy veggie. Adapted from a recipe from The Fruit Guys.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (feel free to use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 baby turnips, sliced
- 2 white Belgian endive, cut crosswise into bitesize pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (may use pecans)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (dried cranberries would work well too)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard powder, salt, and oil. Whisk briefly until smooth and heat over medium until the glaze begins to bubble lightly. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, pour the warm dressing over the top and toss well so that all the flavors mend.
- Serve with plenty of black pepper.