Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool summer salad with tangy, sweet dressing. My sister in law has served this at family gatherings and finally gave me her recipe! Included refrigeration time in prep time. Enjoy!
- 2 (3 -4 1/2 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 head bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup lightly sunflower seeds (shelled) or 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond (optional)
- In large salad bowl, combine broccoli, bok choy, crushed noodles& green onions.
- In separate bowl whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce& chicken soup seasoning mixes.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Toss sunflower seeds& almonds on top.
- Toss salad to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
This is one of my favorite recipes! This salad is so crunchy and flavorful, and very easy to make. I will occasionally vary the recipe by omitting the broccoli and adding mandarin oranges and/or shredded carrot. Remember to keep all of the ingredients separate until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
We were surprised that we would like this but I had all the ingredients and we LOVED it! Sherry wine viegar made for a lighter and elegant taste! And I used about .3 of the sugar called for. We used unhulled sesame seeds and figured the author meant to say lightly 'toasted', so that's what I did. We will be making again for my folks next month as I am sure they will like it too!
My husband and I loved this too. Our kids however were not that sure about it. To lower the calories and fat - I didn't put in the ramen noodles (they are deep-fried). Instead I added some peas, a few more almonds, pumpin seeds and some fresh corn. Wonderful and crunchy.