Recipe by HopeK
Cool summer salad with tangy, sweet dressing. My sister in law has served this at family gatherings and finally gave me her recipe! Included refrigeration time in prep time. Enjoy!
Top Review by Betsy in Milwaukee
This is one of my favorite recipes! This salad is so crunchy and flavorful, and very easy to make. I will occasionally vary the recipe by omitting the broccoli and adding mandarin oranges and/or shredded carrot. Remember to keep all of the ingredients separate until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 2 (3 -4 1/2 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 head bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup lightly sunflower seeds (shelled) or 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large salad bowl, combine broccoli, bok choy, crushed noodles& green onions.
- In separate bowl whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce& chicken soup seasoning mixes.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Toss sunflower seeds& almonds on top.
- Toss salad to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.