Recipe by Sue Lau
Miniature quiches just the right size for appetizers. Great for parties!
Top Review by dicentra
These are fantastic! I made them for a potluck/bbq hosted at my house and my guests scarfed them down! I used red and yellow roasted red peppers instead of pimientos. Just put a little strip on the top of each quiche before adding the milk and eggs. These would freeze well too. I will make these again for sure! Thanks. :)
- 1 double crust pie crust, prepared
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out half of pie crust.
- With a floured 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- Press the rounds into the muffin cups, fluting the edges of the pastry.
- Repeat with remaining crust for the other pan.
- Place 1 tbsp cheese in each cup.
- Sprinkle with onion and pimiento.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups, leaving 1/4-inch from the top in each cup.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove quiches by sliding knife blade between quiche and pan and lifting.
- Serve warm.