Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw these in the market and I just couldn't leave them there. It should be Italian but I made it Asian style! This is a quick and easy dish! You are stir frying quickly to keep the vitamins from escaping. Taste before adding salt. Serve as is, over rice, noodles, or on a bed of greens....
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced baby squash, yellow and green patty pans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper (Size of a jalapeno)
- 1 small yellow sweet pepper (Size of a jalapeno)
- 1 small orange sweet bell pepper (Size of a jalapeno)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce or 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (optional)
- fresh cilantro or fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large pan medium high heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients stir fry quickly.
- Toss in sugar, soy,& sesame oil.
- Squeeze lime juice over all and garnish with herbs.
My husband and I both enjoyed this dish! I used baby summer squash and red, yellow, orange, and green peppers. This made a nice side dish. Thanks Rita!
Very good baby squash, I made baby squash about like this. I made it like recipe said but added some pepper flakes for a little zipp. Love the sesame oil and soy sauce it adds a lot of flavor. Thank you Rita for posting the recipe, I will be making it again.