Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad tastes fresh and delicious! Lots of different flavours coming together and it is quite an eye pleaser.
- 1⁄2 lb spicy italian pancetta, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 fennel bulb, julienned
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dripping, from pancetta
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a skillet set over medium heat, saute pancetta until crisp. Remove from pan and reserve drippings.
- Chop panchetta into bite size pieces and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.
- remove from oven and cool, then cut baked cheese into triangles.
- In a bowl, whisk egg with mustard and garlic; drizzle in the set aside pancetta drippings, along with olive oil and vinegar whisking constantly. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble toss spinach, onion, fennel and dressing and garnish with the parmesan triangles!