Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy vegetable dish
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, to taste
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stalks.
- Crush the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add spinach and stir over moderate heat for about 5 minutes until the spinach wilts and has released its liquid.
- Turn stove onto high and add the garlic and coriander.
- Stir until all the liquid has evaporated, then add cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Funny how something so simple could knock your socks off!! We had these for dinner tonight with a standing rib roast and other 'Zaar dishes, and these starred. I couldn't get baby spinach so bought a bunch, cooked the garlic gently in the butter before the spinach went in, and added heaps of the black pepper. What a treat.
Sorry, but I didn't care for the coriander in this at all. I didn't think it went with the spinach. I won't be making this one again. Thanks for sharing. It was a good experiment and the instructions were spot on.
This was full of flavour and so easy to make. Thanks, Ma Duck!