Recipe by Hey Jude
I love simple, yet delicious, recipes and this one qualifies for that description. This is perfect for spring and is an excellent recipe for low-carbers. Be sure to use very fresh baby spinach for this salad. I found this in the Chicago Trib's 'Good Eating' section and they give credit to "The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen" by Peter Berley and Melissa Clark.
Top Review by Chef Mommie
Simple to do and absolutely the best salad I have ever had. I like garlic, so I just minced it on in. I know this salad is something they would serve to you in a fine restaurant, before a fine meal! Thank you so much! I will be eating this for life!!! :)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 ounces very fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 chunk parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (I used Kosher salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lemon juice in a small bowl; whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking until the vinaigrette is creamy; set aside.
- Rub the inside of a large bowl with the cut sides of the garlic halves; add the spinach; drizzle with the reserved lemon vinaigrette; toss gently to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates.
- Shave the cheese in wide sheets over each salad with a vegetable peeler.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.