Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love simple, yet delicious, recipes and this one qualifies for that description. This is perfect for spring and is an excellent recipe for low-carbers. Be sure to use very fresh baby spinach for this salad. I found this in the Chicago Trib's 'Good Eating' section and they give credit to "The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen" by Peter Berley and Melissa Clark.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 ounces very fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 chunk parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (I used Kosher salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the lemon juice in a small bowl; whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking until the vinaigrette is creamy; set aside.
- Rub the inside of a large bowl with the cut sides of the garlic halves; add the spinach; drizzle with the reserved lemon vinaigrette; toss gently to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates.
- Shave the cheese in wide sheets over each salad with a vegetable peeler.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Simple to do and absolutely the best salad I have ever had. I like garlic, so I just minced it on in. I know this salad is something they would serve to you in a fine restaurant, before a fine meal! Thank you so much! I will be eating this for life!!! :)
Thanks for posting this great recipe, it goes well with anything.
Simple, delicious, can't argue with that. Delicious and light. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.