Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on Health.com...looking for some new ways to dress up a light lunch or dinner.
Make and share this Baby Spinach Salad With Creamy Dijon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 medium red onion, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ripe diced peeled avocado
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients (through Worcestershire sauce).
- Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve. (The dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead.).
- When you're ready to serve the salad, place the spinach in a large salad bowl. Top with the bell pepper, onion, and avocado pieces.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss together gently to combine.
Nice to find a new twist on spinach salad- especially one that is diet friendly! I replaced the avocado with a hard boiled egg, as we are not avocado fans. Other than that, I made as written. While we liked the dressing, we both thought is was a bit too thick, and that it needed a bit more acid to make it really pop. Next time I'll double the vinegar, I think that should solve the problem. Thanks for a great salad!
Very enjoyable salad, even if I did leave the avocado on the side for my other half to eat! He loves 'em ~ I don't! Other than that, though, I followed your recipe & was very happy with your wonderful salad! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Lovely light summer meal - I subbed baby cos lettuce and doubled the avocado - really enjoyable.