Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is actually considered a Jewish dish. I am not sure about that myself but I got this recipe from the new delicious living magazine from Lowe's Foods. Title on the front with this salad is The New Jewish Cuisine.
- 2 red grapefruits
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into crescents
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola (optional)
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (optional) or 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil (optional)
- To make dressing, whisk together honey, vinegar, mustard.
- Add oil in a slow stream and mix well.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Using serrated knife, cut peel and membranes from grapefruit.
- Section the fruit.
- Gently arrange spinach on individual plates.
- Top with sliced avocado and grapefruit sections.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp dressing over each salad.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and Gorgonzola, if desired.