1/1 Photo of Baby Spinach & Pine Nut Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
I really enjoy spinach based salad with creamy dressings and this simple recipe is really great. Depending on the type of mayo you use this recipe can also be suitable for low carb diets. Serves four as a side salad, or 1-2 people as lunch. From a newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 slices bacon, trimmed of fat and cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup good quality whole egg mayonnaise (like Thomay)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
FOR THE SALAD
- 1FOR THE DRESSING.
- 2Cook the bacon in a non stick pan over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until crispy.
- 3Place the bacon, mayonnaise and water in a food processor and process until the bacon is finely chopped.
- 4FOR THE SALAD.
- 5Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes.
- 6Rinse the eggs under cold water, peel and cut into wedges.
- 7In the pan you used to cook the bacon, cook the pinenuts over a medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes until toasted- beware they burn easily.
- 8TO SERVE.
- 9Place the spinach on a serving plate, scatter with the pine nuts and egg wedges.
- 10Drizzle with the dressing.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Spinach & Pine Nut Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g