Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful spinach salad with pineapple chunks, crispy fried bacon, hard cooked eggs and green onions. The dressing which includes pineapple juice, sesame seeds and ground ginger should be made ahead and chilled for several hours so that the flavors mingle. Really good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and set aside juice)
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
Pineapple Salad Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place spinach in a salad bowl and top with rest of salad ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat salad oil in a skillet and add the sesame seeds and brown.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a covered jar and refrigerate for several hours.
- Shake well before using.
This is a great salad! A nice alternative to a traditional chef salad. I dry toasted the sesame seeds. I also added some chopped red bell pepper. The dressing is very good.
I was hoping to find a spinach salad that was a little bit different and this was it! We absolutely loved this. The flavor of the pineapple was such that I think this would also go well with Hawaiian or Asian foods and would be the perfect side for that stir-fry with few or no veggies. Thanks for sharing. ~Lorie
An excellent salad! I used a bit more spinach since my garden is overflowing with it. The kids liked this too. Thanks!