1/2 Photos of Baby Spinach and Lentil Salad
------Lentils are very versatile and packed with protein and fiber. This is delicious served over baby spinach or mixed greens. Developed for RSC #9.------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml dried brown lentils
- 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed and shredded
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme leaves or 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml oregano (Greek if you have it.)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 283.49 g Baby Spinach
- 1Sort and wash lentils, place in a pan with bay leaf, cinnamon stick and stock.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain, discarding the bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- 3While the lentils are cooking, place the minced garlic and onion in a small skillet adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of the lentil cooking liquid; cook the onions and garlic until soft and lightly browned.
- 4Place the lentils in a large bowl adding the olives through parsley; stir in cooked onion and garlic.
- 5Combine the fennel seeds, oregano and red pepper flakes, crushing to release the flavors; add to the lentil mixture.
- 6Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- 7Add feta cheese and mix to combine, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Chill for several hours before serving.
- 9Divide the salad greens among chilled plates and top with lentil salad mixiture.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Spinach and Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: