Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe for 2 (with leftovers) or 4 people. I'm not a fan of hamburger and am trying to be a little more health conscious so I came up with this last night. I served it with a small salad of leftover ingredients - baby spinach, a dash of the parm, and a few more baby bella's with some low fat italian dressing. White Cranberry wine went well with it. Most of the amounts of the ingredients are approximate. Feel free to use this as your taste buds see fit!
- 1 chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1 -2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup baby portabella mushrooms
- lasagna noodle
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dice up chicken breast half to bite size pieces.
- Put oil in frying pan and turn stove to medium low.
- Add chicken and cook through.
- Dice onion and garlic. Once chicken is cooked, add to frying pan.
- When onion is soft, remove from heat.
- Add alfredo and spices, stir.
- Add layer of sauce to bottom of 9x9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle some of the cheeses.
- Add a layer of noodles (I use 3 noodles).
- Alternate remaining ingredients for next 2 layers.
- Top with parm, mozzarella, and a few bella's.
- Preheat oven to 375 and cook for 50 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Do not overbake!