Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy to prepare and hearty with cornbread, biscuits or rolls. You can use frozen cooked medium shrimp also. Thaw before adding.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 stalks celery, diced with leaves
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced or 10 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, table blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- pepper (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a stockpot add the vegetables and seasonings.
- Add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes uncover and add water if necessary. Water must still be up to the vegetables.
- Take off the burner.
- Add the can of baby shrimp with liquid.
- Gently stir in and cover. Cook five minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch in a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup cold water and wisk.
- Add into the stew and stir gently on simmer until thickened.
- Before serving, take out Bay Leaf.
- Note: You may use canned crab or medium cooked shrimp as well.