Montana Heart Song's Note:
Very easy to prepare and hearty with cornbread, biscuits or rolls. You can use frozen cooked medium shrimp also. Thaw before adding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 stalks celery, diced with leaves
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced or 10 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, table blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- pepper (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1In a stockpot add the vegetables and seasonings.
- 2Add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes uncover and add water if necessary. Water must still be up to the vegetables.
- 3Take off the burner.
- 4Add the can of baby shrimp with liquid.
- 5Gently stir in and cover. Cook five minutes.
- 6Pour the cornstarch in a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup cold water and wisk.
- 7Add into the stew and stir gently on simmer until thickened.
- 8Before serving, take out Bay Leaf.
- 9Note: You may use canned crab or medium cooked shrimp as well.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Shrimp Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 161.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning