Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Very easy to prepare and hearty with cornbread, biscuits or rolls. You can use frozen cooked medium shrimp also. Thaw before adding.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 stalks celery, diced with leaves
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced or 10 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, table blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- pepper (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot add the vegetables and seasonings.
- Add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes uncover and add water if necessary. Water must still be up to the vegetables.
- Take off the burner.
- Add the can of baby shrimp with liquid.
- Gently stir in and cover. Cook five minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch in a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup cold water and wisk.
- Add into the stew and stir gently on simmer until thickened.
- Before serving, take out Bay Leaf.
- Note: You may use canned crab or medium cooked shrimp as well.