Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my grandmothers recipe. I dont like fish but I cook it for my hubby and he loves it! Its easy to make. I figure 2-3 filets per person when I make it. I have also added bacon to it and everyone loved it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets
- 1⁄2 lb pink baby shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter (Divided)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Saute green pepper, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in 2 T of butter.
- Add Shrimp.
- Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Divide filling evenly among the filets.
- Roll up and hold with toothpick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Make white sauce with 2T butter, 2T flour and 1 cup milk.
- Pour over the fish.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Turn oven down to 350 and bake 15 minutes longer.
Delicious. Certainly is a very good recipe. I used large shrimp and cut them into 5-6 pieces each so they were a good size. In addition, used three different colours of peppers so it was very appealing on the plate. I didn't roll them up but put a layer of sole in a casserole, shrimp mix, then sole to "close the lid". Thank you!