Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Ok...how about dinner in like...15 minutes. Don't forget the bag of salad (ya just gotta eat green things!) Now for my notes on this one -- I didn't have a microplane at the time so instead of the zest, I just squeezed juice from a fresh lemon. I didn't have white wine either, but I did have some sherry and that came out ok too! By the way, here's a rule of thumb when adding wines to food -- if you wouldn't drink it out of a glass, don't put it in your food! Finally, I added about a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic cuz Emeril says it's good for ya. Deeeeeeeeeeee-lish!!!
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 29.58 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 149.68 g baby shrimp, 300 count
- 59.14 ml dry vermouth or 59.14 ml white wine, eyeball it
- 118.29 ml grape tomatoes
- 149.68 g angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- Get your pasta water going.
- Start the scampi sauce when you drop your pasta into boiling water to cook.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil and melt the
- butter into it.
- Add shallots and cook a minute or 2, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon zest and shrimp and heat shrimp through, another minute or two.
- Add vermouth or wine and tomatoes. Toss another minute to heat the tomatoes through.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce and to distribute the shrimp.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper and serve with chives to garnish.
This was good...I didn't use the wine and I used an onion instead of a shallot.