1/1 Photo of Baby Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta (Rachael Ray)
Adrienne in Reisterstown's Note:
Ok...how about dinner in like...15 minutes. Don't forget the bag of salad (ya just gotta eat green things!) Now for my notes on this one -- I didn't have a microplane at the time so instead of the zest, I just squeezed juice from a fresh lemon. I didn't have white wine either, but I did have some sherry and that came out ok too! By the way, here's a rule of thumb when adding wines to food -- if you wouldn't drink it out of a glass, don't put it in your food! Finally, I added about a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic cuz Emeril says it's good for ya. Deeeeeeeeeeee-lish!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/3 lb baby shrimp, 300 count
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/3 lb angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Get your pasta water going.
- 2Start the scampi sauce when you drop your pasta into boiling water to cook.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add extra-virgin olive oil and melt the
- 5butter into it.
- 6Add shallots and cook a minute or 2, stirring constantly.
- 7Add lemon zest and shrimp and heat shrimp through, another minute or two.
- 8Add vermouth or wine and tomatoes. Toss another minute to heat the tomatoes through.
- 9Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce and to distribute the shrimp.
- 10Season liberally with salt and pepper and serve with chives to garnish.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 259.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of