Recipe by Melanie B.
I call this "Baby" Scallop Po'Boy because I used to think that Bay Scallops were really called Baby scallops....is it appropriate to LOL at myself?
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine remaining paprika, panko, and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Toss scallops in coating.
- Fry scallops in oil over medium high until golden brown.
- Serve in roll with the mayonnaise sauce, lettuce, tomato, and lemon wedge.