Recipe by my3beachbabes
I love Baby Ruth's so I can't wait to make this! I found this on the internet! The size of the Baby Ruth's should be the 1.9 oz size...
- 8 baby ruth candy bars, cutup
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter, chunky
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
FILLING and TOPPING
- 6 baby ruth candy bars, cutup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 8 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 8 cut-up Baby Ruth's, peanut butter and 6 Tb evaporated milk.
- in top of a double boiler; heat and stir until melted and blended. Cool.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl; mix well.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly; add well beaten eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the cooled candy bar mix and 1/2 ts vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, blending on low speed after each addition, only until blended.
- Pour into 2 buttered and floured 9" round layer pans and bake in preheated 350 F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out and finish cooling on rack.
- Baby Ruth Filling & Topping:
- Melt candy bars in top of double boiler.Combine egg yolks, evaporated milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan; cook and stir until thickened, over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and blend in melted candy bars, coconut and peanuts.
- Cool, then beat vigorously with wooden spoon.
- Whipped Topping:.
- Whip heavy cream stiff; fold in stiffly beaten egg white,powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread cooled filling between layers and on top of cake.
- Spread whipped topping on the sides of the cake. Cut carefully with a sharp