Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Baby Ruth Candy Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup salted Spanish peanut
- Combine margarine, sugar and syrup in saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until margarine melts and sugar dissolves.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour over oatmeal; mix well.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Stir in peanut butter and peanuts.
- Spread over top of brownies after removing them from the oven.
- Cool and cut into squares.
The name of this recipe is misleading. These are not brownies at all. I was expecting the base to be like a brownie when I pulled it out of the oven. It was a soupy, bubbling mess. I considered calling it quits at this point, but I continued. The topping spread with ease over my "oatmeal soup," and the whole thing firmed up nicely in the refrigerator. They were tasty, but very dense and a bit messy to eat. (My kids hands were covered in melt-y chocolate when they were done eating!)
I'm not a huge sweet eater, but I have to say these were outstanding. I made these and took them to a bbq and they a totat hit. Very easy to make as well.
These are killer!!