Recipe by Mirj
I went looking for these on the net when I couldn't find one of my favorite candy bars locally. These are almost as good as the originals!
Top Review by Karen From Colorado
My daughter and I made these together. We had such a good time and she absolutly loved them and wants to make them again as soon as the first batch is gone which I am afraid will be very very soon now. I am thinking that maybe next time, I might add a thin layer of melted and cooled chocolate on top or dip them in melted chocolate after cutting and allowing the chocolate to set. I am also considering adding a layer of caramel before the chocolate coating. These are going to be fun to play with.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Heat sugars, syrup, and peanut butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Mix until smooth.
- Combine cornflakes, chocolate chips, and peanuts.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the cornflake mixture and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.