Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this salad that is delicious along side Kashmiri Chicken, Cardamom and Saffron Pilau: Spiced Indian Rice.
- 3⁄4 ripe mango (not deadly soft)
- baby romaine lettuce leaf (don't sub. Dole makes a pack, some are red leaves)
- 1 slice goats milk feta cheese, chopped (or crumbled your preference)
- 1 thin slice red onion, separated
- sunflower oil
- fresh lemon juice
- white sugar (a little bit)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves on plate.
- Chop mango into cubes and toss over leaves.
- Cut up the red onion into desired size and add on top.
- Garnish with feta. (I prefer cubbed not crushed.).
- Mix all together using more fresh lemon than sunflower oil.
- Pour over salad.
A delicious accompaniment to our sole almondine and lightly steamed carrots. I added some baby arugula, baby spinach and butter lettuce (all from the farmer's market!) with the romaine. Organic feta, farmer's market red onion, fresh mango! Yum! The top of the salad was garnished with some lemon zest, too. Loved the dressing! This salad covered many bases: sweet, salty, tangy, peppery...Made for Veg Tag/May. Thank you!
Yummy! I didn't really measure my mango, just cut one up , same for the feta and for the onion, I soaked it for 1/2 an hour to take away a little bite... So summery!
This is a wonderful salad, delightful in it's simplicity! The lemon dressing is perfect with the mango and cheese. DH enjoyed his with the red onions and I enjoyed mine without. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!