Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can also make this using regular size potatoes cut into quarters. If you are making more than 3 pounds of potatoes then double the butter mixture. You will love these!
- 3 lbs small baby red potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the potatoes well under cold water; dry the skins.
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a large baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or buttered in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- If using large potatoes, quarter them.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a small amount of black pepper if desired.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven, and spread the potatoes, cut side down if using sliced potatoes.
- Roast for about 12-14 minutes until undersides are golden.
- Turn the potatoes and roast until tender (about another 12-15 minutes more).
- While the potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a small saucepan (can melt in the microwave).
- Whisk in vingear, mustard, cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a large bowl, then toss with the butter mixture with HOT potatoes until well coated.