Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can also make this using regular size potatoes cut into quarters. If you are making more than 3 pounds of potatoes then double the butter mixture. You will love these!
- Wash the potatoes well under cold water; dry the skins.
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a large baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or buttered in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- If using large potatoes, quarter them.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a small amount of black pepper if desired.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven, and spread the potatoes, cut side down if using sliced potatoes.
- Roast for about 12-14 minutes until undersides are golden.
- Turn the potatoes and roast until tender (about another 12-15 minutes more).
- While the potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a small saucepan (can melt in the microwave).
- Whisk in vingear, mustard, cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a large bowl, then toss with the butter mixture with HOT potatoes until well coated.
I really enjoyed the sauce on the potatoes! It actually went well with the salmon I cooked too. Thanks Kitten!