Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Only three simple ingredients... and one word YUMMY! I found this on Recipe Cottage when I was out of garlic, parmesan... etc. This was a great surprise! SO GOOD... I would say one of the best recipes I've found on the net! (I've added garlic with the butter now when I have it)
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes or 2 lbs new potatoes
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup table salt or 2 cups kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Fill medium to large saucepan with water and add salt to water until salt will no longer dissolve and lays at bottom(If you don't measure, this is the easiest way).
- Bring water to steady boil and add potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until tender(When knife or fork stabs easily, 25-40 minutes depending on potatoes).
- Drain potatoes.
- Toss in serving dish with melted butter or olive oil and add whatever you have on hand to taste -- pepper, parmesan or garlic. Enjoy!
These potatoes were very good--and definitely a keeper recipe! After cooking them, I tossed them with a little olive oil, some parsley, and some garlic. Thanks!
Wow...this was great! Everyone loved it!!
I too am from Syracuse and the only way I will make them is with red Potatoes. Amaaaazzzing <3