Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice deviation from a traditional salad.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Bring potatoes to boil in large pot of water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 17 minutes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces. Place 1 layer of potatoes in large bowl; sprinkle with some of vinegar and salt and pepper. Continue layering potatoes with vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add all remaining ingredients; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Awesome!! I used shallots in place of green onions because that is what I had. Excellent recipe! My husband just walked in tasting it and kept saying, "Mmmm! Mmmmm!" Very delicious!
My family loved this. I used tiny baby potatoes, halved. I didn't have any mayo, so used Miracle Whip salad dressing. It seemed to work well. Also used dry herbs. Thanks! Update: Recently made this again. Used fat free, mayo. Husband really liked!
I loved this potato salad! It's a nice change with the basil and dill! The vinegar and lemon and were great additions also, and gave it a little zing. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Heidi! Made for Newest Zaar Stars Tag Game 4/09 Linda