Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Baby Rattle Cupcakes Recipe from Happy Cookies. This was on the local morning news. It was too cute. Perfect for that baby shower you're about to go to. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pears in light syrup
- 1⁄3 cup pear syrup (reserved from can)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 drop food coloring (1 drop each color, yellow & green)
- pastel candy sprinkles
- 8 yards pastel curling ribbon, if desired (1/4 inch)
- 20 paper lollipop sticks (4 1/2 inch)
- 20 large gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 for shiny metal pans or 325 for dark or nonstick pans. Place paper baking cup in each of 20 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pears, 1/3 cup reserved pear syrup, the oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes: remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, shortening, vanilla, powdered sugar and 3 Tablespoons milk on low speed until well blended. Beat on medium speed, adding more milk if necessary, until fluffy and spreadable. Place 1/3 cup frosting in each of 2 small bowls. Add yellow food color to one bowl and stir to blend: add green food color to other bowl and stir to blend.
- Frost cupcakes with remaining white frosting. Pipe designs on cupcakes with yellow and green frostings. Decorate as desired with candy sprinkles. With bamboo skewer poke hole in side of each cupcake. Tie ribbon bow in center of each lollipop stick. Add gumdrop to one end of each stick. Insert other ends of sticks into hole of cupcakes, to form rattles.
This was the best idea for the baby shower I just hosted! Everyone thought they were so cute! Excellent idea.
i think that the baby rattles are very cute