1/5 Photos of Baby Rattle Cupcakes
Baby Rattle Cupcakes Recipe from Happy Cookies. This was on the local morning news. It was too cute. Perfect for that baby shower you're about to go to. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears in light syrup
- 1/3 cup pear syrup (reserved from can)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 drop food coloring (1 drop each color, yellow & green)
- pastel candy sprinkles
- 8 yards pastel curling ribbon, if desired (1/4 inch)
- 20 paper lollipop sticks (4 1/2 inch)
- 20 large gumdrops
- 1Heat oven to 350 for shiny metal pans or 325 for dark or nonstick pans. Place paper baking cup in each of 20 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, pears, 1/3 cup reserved pear syrup, the oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 3Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes: remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4In medium bowl, beat butter, shortening, vanilla, powdered sugar and 3 Tablespoons milk on low speed until well blended. Beat on medium speed, adding more milk if necessary, until fluffy and spreadable. Place 1/3 cup frosting in each of 2 small bowls. Add yellow food color to one bowl and stir to blend: add green food color to other bowl and stir to blend.
- 5Frost cupcakes with remaining white frosting. Pipe designs on cupcakes with yellow and green frostings. Decorate as desired with candy sprinkles. With bamboo skewer poke hole in side of each cupcake. Tie ribbon bow in center of each lollipop stick. Add gumdrop to one end of each stick. Insert other ends of sticks into hole of cupcakes, to form rattles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Rattle Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 227.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: