Recipe by JeanineD 2
I got this recipe from my mother in law in 1978 when I was still at school, my hubby was then my boyfriend, he loves this potato dish so I asked for the recipe to IMPRESS him. After all these year I still make this dish for him.
Top Review by Logan's Mommy
Very yummy and made us feel fancy, yet it was so easy! The measurements read all wonky for some reason here is the equivalent so I will have it for next time. 2 tbl butter, flour and mustard, 3/4 cup water and just about a 1 cup of evaporated milk. I didn't remove the skins from the potatoes and used regular flour (it's what I had). Thank you so much for sharing! Baked potatoes with our steak was getting old!
baby potatoes in mustard sauce
- 12 baby potatoes
- 5 ml salt
- 20 ml butter
- 20 ml cake flour
- 125 ml cold water
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 25 ml Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the baby potatoes in their jacket in salted water until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the sauce,.
- Melt the butter the add the cake flour, stir until well blended.
- Add the water gradually stirring constantly until boiling point, then add the evaporated milk, mustard and salt, bring to the boil once boiling point is reached remove from the stove.
- Remove the skin off of the potatoes, put them back into the pot with the mustard sauce heat through, and serve.