Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother in law in 1978 when I was still at school, my hubby was then my boyfriend, he loves this potato dish so I asked for the recipe to IMPRESS him. After all these year I still make this dish for him.
baby potatoes in mustard sauce
- 12 baby potatoes
- 5 ml salt
- 20 ml butter
- 20 ml cake flour
- 125 ml cold water
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 25 ml Dijon mustard
- Cook the baby potatoes in their jacket in salted water until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the sauce,.
- Melt the butter the add the cake flour, stir until well blended.
- Add the water gradually stirring constantly until boiling point, then add the evaporated milk, mustard and salt, bring to the boil once boiling point is reached remove from the stove.
- Remove the skin off of the potatoes, put them back into the pot with the mustard sauce heat through, and serve.
Very yummy and made us feel fancy, yet it was so easy! The measurements read all wonky for some reason here is the equivalent so I will have it for next time. 2 tbl butter, flour and mustard, 3/4 cup water and just about a 1 cup of evaporated milk. I didn't remove the skins from the potatoes and used regular flour (it's what I had). Thank you so much for sharing! Baked potatoes with our steak was getting old!
This one impressed my DBF too! Mama knew what she was doing when she passed this recipe on to you- she must have loved you even back then. The sauce is very creamy and really dresses up the potatoes. The mustard sauce is mild and not overwhelming. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe PAC Baby-09.