Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Comfort food for a cold, winter day.
- 20 g ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 10 g salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1. Finely chop the ginger, garlic and onion.
- 2. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and leave it aside.
- 3. Wash and halve the baby potatoes.
- 4. Set the gas to medium heat and add the oil to a wok. Then add the finely chopped ginger, garlic and onion.
- 5. When the garlic starts to brown, add the Chickpea Flour and turn to stove to low heat.
- 6. Mix regularly so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the wok.
- 7. When the Chickpea Flour starts to turn brown, add the chopped tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder, paprika powder and the garam masala. Stir well.
- 8. Well the tomatoes start to soften, add 500ml of water and turn the stove to medium heat.
- 9. When the mixture comes to a boil, put the lid on and turn the heat back to low.
- 10. When the oil separates, add the baby potatoes and mix well, put the lid back on and cook at low heat. For approximately 30 minutes.
- 11. After 30 mins, take the lid off, stir well and turn the stove to medium heat. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- 12. Serve with Indian bread (rotis/chappathis).
- 13. Bless the chef.