Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The (optional) vinegar will bring out the great taste of the veggies and compliments the seasoning combination. I steam the potatoes in the microwave and the other vegetables in a basket on the stove top. In that way, the veggies all are done at the same time.
- 6 baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 6 baby white potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, cut in half diagonally
- 1 small pattypan squash or 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted) or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (optional)
- In salted water, steam the potatoes in the microwave until just fork tender.
- Steam the snow peas, squash, and onions 'til still crunchy or to desired doneness.
- Drain well and gently combine all steamed vegs. in a large bowl.
- Carefully toss with the sea salt, pepper, garlic and butter or olive oil and optional vinegar.
- Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Serve while still warm-hot.
We really liked this. I made a few changes, starting with the way that I cooked it. I put the potatoes and onions in a frying pan with a little water. I covered them and cooked until they were nearly done then added the snow peas. When they were done I put the melted butter mixture over the top and served. I did use vinegar but I used balsamic, its what I had. We will make these again, yum.